Thursday, September 24, 2009

Low Calorie Mashed Potatoes

IMG_0402

Today I made yum mashed potatoes and that too low calorie one. Here’s the recipe:

Ingredients:

  • 4 potatoes – medium sized, boiled and peeled
  • 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped (3, if you are a garlic fan)
  • 2 teaspoon oregano
  • half cup curd (usually half cup cheese spread or cream is added to mashed potatoes, since this is low fat I experimented with curd)
  • salt
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Method:

  • Cut the boiled potatoes into small cubes.
  • add the cubed potatoes and chopped garlic in a saucepan or kadhai and add enough water to cover the potatoes.
  • Let the water boil on high flame once and then leave it on low flame for 20 to 30 minutes uncovered. our aim to make the potatoes tender enough for a fork to slice it without any pressure. (I left it for 26 minutes)
  • Drain the excess water.
  • With a hand blender i churned the potatoes till they were completely mashed and almost like a paste. This is the most tedious part.
  • Next, I added salt, curd, pepper, oregano and blended it for few more minutes. (I added little water here, about one tablespoon, because it was way too thick). I was extremely tempted to add cheese to it, however, I just added a spoonful of butter instead.
  • Bingo! the delicious mashed potatoes were ready to be served and eaten. (I was really hungry(cause I am on a diet) I forgot the serving part and ate some of it directly)
  • I am sure it will taste much much more delicious with cheese spread and cream, but the calories will hurt. If you are not the calorie conscious one then go ahead and enjoy the cheese!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment