Monday, May 10, 2010

Master Cleanse Diet

I have a serious body image issue. I know I am not fat... but I am not thin either, maybe three to four kg excess. I am the kind of person who can go without food but cannot cut down on food. Once my taste buds are aroused I tend to eat a lot. So I chose to try the Master Cleanse Diet. It involves detoxification of the body by solely surviving on maple syrup/sugarcane juice for seven days or more (some say twelve days). I have to go out of station on 18th, so prolly I will continue this diet for six days. On the seventh day I need to gently introduce solid food to my system, so that I can have a nice jolly holiday on the eighth day.

Day 1: The night before I was supposed to have laxative tea. But I made up my mind about the diet only in the middle of the night... so no laxative tea. First thing in the morning I was supposed to have one litre lukewarm water with two teaspoon sea salt mixed in it. I could not drink beyond 250 ml. Anyways, around 2 pm I went out to get the sugarcane juice. Six to twelve glasses of fresh sugarcan juice + juice of one lemon + very little red chili powder is what I can drink throughout the day. No food! This diet also allows me to have as much water as I like. The time is 1530 ... I am down three tall glasses of sugarcane juice. I feel drowsy and weak. I think I will sleep for a while.

I woke up after couple of hours with a headache. Didnt want to take any medicine as the whole purpose of detoxification would be defeated. So I had some water. Then at 2000 hours went out to grab couple of glasses of sugarcane juice. Had two more large and tall glasses of sugarcane juice. So that makes my total for the day five large glasses of sugarcane juice and no food.

Now its bedtime. I dont feel hungry at all. Though I feel slightly nauseated. Have had several bowel movements and the color I must say looks toxicated. Maybe thats just the start of toxic wastes being eliminated from my body. I feel slightly depressed. Could be because I am a tea coffee drinker and have not had a single cuppa throughout the day.

So i have survived day one of Master Cleanse diet :)

Day 2: I had 300 ml of lukewarm salt water in the morning. Could not have more than that. Went in and out of the loo couple of times. My parents are having their breakfast right now... I can smell the food ... hear them munching through the toast... and am so damn hungry. But i wont eat. Will get dressed and go out to get sugarcane juice. I really am craving a hot toast and warm tea. Sign!!!

Its evening and I have had about four glasses of sugarcane juice. Will have couple of more before bedtime. I am feeling slightly depressed weight now... could be work related as well. I feel sleepy as well.

I had two large glasses of sugarcane juice... feel slightly more energetic now.

The day is about to end! Day 2 ended successfully.

Day 3: Again I had a glassful of warm salt water first thing in the morning. My weight has reduced by 1kg approximately. It is evening and I have had about four large tall glasses of sugarcane juice combined by lemon juice and cayenne powder. I dont feel as weak as I did yesterday and my energy levels are better than they were yesterday. Will have couple of more glassful of sugarcane juice before nightfall.

I find it hard to believe that I have not eaten a single thing for past three days including today. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment